Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken Rice Bake

 While Bumble is practicing her Olympic figure skating routine, I think I will make her an award winning dish.  Well, this dish received a gold medal in our household anyway!
 
 
Here is the recipe for Chicken Rice Bake:
 
 
2 1/2 cups cooked rice (1 1/4 cup uncooked)
2 cups chicken breasts cooked and cut into small pieces
2- 10 3/4 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup
3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
 
First cook the chicken and rice.  When I buy the big bargain packs of chicken breasts, I fry the chicken in olive oil and then freeze it in freezer bags to be used in recipes like this one.  All you have to do is thaw it and it is ready! It is so much cheaper and faster to prepare that way!  I also have a rice cooker which is so nice to cook the rice in.  It turns out perfect every time.  It is one of my most used small kitchen appliances that I have!
 
Then, place the cooked rice in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.  Mix the soup, water, and chicken  together in a  bowl...
 
 
and pour it over the rice...

 
Then spread the cheese over the top.

 
Then bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.  This want-to-be Olympian loves this dish.

 
It will give her the energy she needs to complete the triple lutz she is working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment