Monday, December 30, 2013

Queen Bee's Craft Project

I am still working on decorating Bumble's bedroom.  It is taking a little longer than I thought, but hopefully it will all be completed soon.  I thought it would be neat if she had a bulletin board so she could hang her pictures and artwork.  A BIG fabric covered bulletin board can get pretty pricey and Queen Bee could not find any good coupons or deals on them.  I decided to make one for her...well actually three smaller boards that will work as one!

Here are the supplies I used for this project...


Cork board bought at Walmart for around $5.00
Upholstery nails
Fabric glue
Hammer
Fabric to cover the cork board
Scissors

The fabric I wanted to use to cover the board was thin and the cork showed through so I covered the cork board first with white fabric from an old table cloth I found in the attic.  I cut a square a little bigger than the board and put fabric glue on the frame.

 
Then I folded the fabric over the board, and stretched it as I did each side.

 
Then I secured the corners with upholstery nails.

 
Isn't it pretty just like this?

 
Then I laid the fabric I wanted to use over the board and cut a piece the correct size.  This fabric is from a curtain that had a hole in it.

 
Then I glued the fabric to the cork board frame on the back and hammered some nails here and there to hold it tight.  As I was hammering I was telling Honey that I always had an interest in construction.  Honey laughed.  I don't know why?!?  He may have seen all the nails I smashed or broke!

 
This is what the back looked like at the end of the project...

 
This is the front...

 
I did two other ones as well. 

 
Now Bumble has some pretty fabric covered bulletin boards for her room, and Queen Bee didn't have to spend much for them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment