Thursday, May 21, 2015

Queen Bee Makes Glazed Meatloaf

     The other day I started to make my meatloaf recipe and I couldn't remember all the ingredients.  Having three little Bees is hard on my memory.  I have been forgetting a lot lately.  I even forgot to take Honeycomb's formula to church one Sunday!  Anyway, I went to my blog to look up my meatloaf recipe and it wasn't there!!!  I couldn't believe I have never posted my go-to meatloaf recipe.   This recipe was shared with me by my sister-in-law many years ago from a blog that she read.  I forget the name of the blog or I would share it!

Here are the ingredients for Glazed Meat Loaf...


2 eggs beaten
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 cup onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 lbs. ground beef


Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard or regular mustard

Since everyone knows how to make meatloaf, I will just show you the meatloaf all mixed up and in the dish. (Or maybe I just forgot to take pictures!!)  The glaze ingredients are mixed together beside it.  According to the recipe, put the glaze in a sauce pan and let it come to a boil.  Pour it on the meatloaf after the meatloaf has cooked for about 50 minutes.  Then put the meatloaf back in the oven to finish cooking.  (If you forget to boil it and just dump it on the meatloaf, that is ok too!)



Bake the meatloaf at 350 degrees for about... well that all depends.  I have found that different pans that I put this in take different amounts of time. The glass dish that is shown takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Here is what the meatloaf looks like when finished...


Sorry, I forgot to crop the picture so you could see it better. This really is an excellent recipe.  Don't forget to make this tonight for dinner.  I know I won't!


No comments:

Post a Comment