Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Queen Bee Makes Meatballs

I have finally found the meatball recipe I will use the rest of my life!  My sister gave me this recipe and I believe she got it from my aunt.   The best part about this recipe is that you can freeze the meatballs for a later meal if you would like.  Here are the ingredients...

 
3 lbs. ground beef
1-12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup oatmeal (quick cooking oats)
1 cup saltines cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon chili powder

Mix all the ingredients together...

 
I add the ground beef last.  Then shape into meatball.  Place meatballs in a 9x13" baking dish.
 
 
(If you want to freeze some, place those on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until solid and then put in a freezer bag.)
 
Here are the sauce ingredients...

 
2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
 
Mix together and pour over the meatballs.  If the meatballs are not frozen bake for 40-50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  If the meatballs are frozen bake them for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven. 
 
Honey loves these and I always make them with the potato casserole I posted several weeks ago.   It makes for a  quick, easy and delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment