Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Quilting Bee, Part 3

Now that you have all seen the beautiful quilts my mother-in-law makes, I thought I would show you a quilt made by a novice. My quilt.  My mother-in-law was the perfect teacher to take me through the entire process.  From start to finish, she was always there to answer my questions. I learned how to cut patches, sew them together, and yes to even quilt by hand.  The stitches are supposed to be tiny and evenly spaced.  All I can say is I tried!  My mother-in-law was nice enough to finish hand quilting this for me.  Here is the final product... 
 

I am very please with it. Don't look too close though!


 
Would I make another quilt ever again?  Yes, but that is not happening in this hive.  I have nowhere to put a sewing machine where little hands can't reach it.  I would love to have my own craft room someday. Are you reading this, Honey?  Hint! Hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment