Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Bees Get All Decked Out: Update

The frame for our deck at our new hive was completed last week, so yesterday Honey and my brother-in-law installed the deck boards.  Here are the tools but where are the workers?
 
 
I spied one! 
 
 
 These feet belong to my brother-in-law.  He is not only a talented builder but a gifted wildlife and nature photographer as well.  I posted about his website before, but for those of you that may be new to this blog here is his site again  http://kevinbyers.zenfolio.com/
 
Now back to our deck...
 
The composite deck boards we chose were made by Fiberon, sold just a mile down the road from us!  We picked the chestnut color. 
 

 
I think it turned out very nice. 


Next comes the railing which we are still deciding on.  We want to chose something with some contrast that way we won't get too "bored" with all the brown.  Stay tuned to see what the Bees will pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment