Friday, January 10, 2014

A Bee Gives A Tour

Welcome to our freshly painted hive.  Lets take a look around...

 
What do you think of the color?  Sherwin Williams rice grain color turned out a little more cream than my original plan but the color has grown on me and now I like it.  The color is working well with my blue, green, brown, winter color scheme.  I also seem to have a nature theme going on as well.

 
Here is the dining area...

 
Honey even had time to hang some artwork on the wall...


Here is the kitchen. I love the shiny white columns. We painted these with Sherwin Williams extra white semi-gloss paint. This is also the same paint we used on the fireplace.


As you can see I have some wall decor but very little accessories.   I am enjoying searching websites on the Internet for accessory ideas. 
 
 
I can see a vase with white flowers sitting on top of this desk, and three decorative baskets that fit nicely in the three slots.  This desks sits right around the corner from our front door and the baskets would be useful to hold keys, stamps, and mail.  I also would like to find a small comfy chair to put here as well.

The mirror I chose for the foyer area is the only thing I am unsure about.  Finding a mirror to work in this arched area was challenging because of size and a square mirror just didn't look right.  I found this one at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section for $20.00.  I decided to buy it and see what it looked like in the space.  At first I thought I liked it, and then I thought I didn't, and now I think it's growing on me. 


(The reflection you see in the mirror is our front door.)  I think I will put a vase with flowers on the opposite side of the candles.  Maybe that will tame down the mirror.  I would also like to find some long vertical pictures to hang on either side of the arch as well. 

Now that this area is finished being painted, our bedroom is next.  What color will the Bees choose?  We are definitely going with color this time.  Can you believe it?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment