Sunday, January 19, 2014

Queen Bee Tries To Be More Loving

     Saturday, Queen Bee was mad as a hornet!  Honey spent Saturday morning and most of the day painting our bedroom languid blue.  Honey and I both loved the color.  Unfortunately, we ran out of paint in the afternoon before Honey could finish, so we drove to Mr. Sherwin William's store to buy some more.  Honey told the employee what we needed and then back home we went with more languid blue paint.  While Honey was rolling the new paint on the walls that needed finished,  I started the bedtime routine with the kids.   After the snacks, teeth brushing, and book reading, I went to our bedroom to tell Honey that the kids were ready to tell him goodnight.  As soon as I walked in I knew something was wrong.  The pretty languid blue walls I had fallen in love with in the morning, now looked like they were threw up on by the shiniest robin's egg in the whole entire world!  The glossy walls were hard to look at because of the glare, and they were no longer languid! Upon a little more investigation we discovered that the employee at Sherwin Williams gave us languid blue in a semi-gloss finish instead of satin.  Honey knew things like this make me angry, so he went to say goodnight to the kids.

While I was getting ready for bed, I tried to figure out what to do.  My "Type A" personality wanted to go to the paint store right then and there and tell the employee what he did and how we were going to have to paint it all again because of his mistake.  Honey who is Type "everything will be ok" and Type "doesn't get worked up about anything" told me that it was no big deal and to go to bed.   While I laid in bed surrounded by the imperfect walls I could not sleep.  Why do things like this bother me so bad?!?  It is in moments like this that I am glad I attend Sunday School and am married to one of the teachers! We are currently studying from a book entitled, God's Love Alive In You by Kay Arthur and David Lawson.  Honey, in a very loving way, reminded me I needed to be more loving toward the employee that made the mistake and inconvenienced us. 

I John 4:7-8 says:  Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God: and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God.  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 

I John 4:20 says: If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

After Honey's reminder, I changed my attitude and realized it was not the end of the world.  I finally fell asleep thankful that is was dark enough that I couldn't see the shiny walls.  Eventually, we drove back to Sherwin Williams and I calmly and lovingly explained what had happened.  The employee working mixed us the satin paint we needed and we headed home.  I had every intention of paying for the new gallon of paint.  However, the employee thanked us for being so "good" about the situation and told us he would not charge us for the gallon! 

Tonight I plan on sleeping peacefully with no worries in our shiny blue room with my Sunday School teacher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment