Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Bee's Foyer

     Now that we have most of our boxes unpacked, I can now focus my attention on getting each room how Honey and I want it.  I thought I would start with the entryway or foyer area first. 


Here is the decorative archway when you first walk in...
 

As you can see there is nothing there.  I don't know what to put here.  I am hoping that I can find something that "speaks to me" as the Pier 1 commercial says, but nothing has yet.  My color scheme so far had been neutral colors, and then add accessories that have some color depending on the season (greens for summer, orange/red for fall etc.) I have also thought about painting the foyer area but I am undecided on the color.  I don't want anything too daring.
Our old hive was very "country" and I am trying to stay away from that style here because I have stared at "country" decor for ten years.  I need something different to stare at!  I asked Honey what he thinks and he could care less as long as he doesn't trip over anything or hit his head on it!   
  I know some of you are wonderful at design and your ideas and suggestions for the Bee's foyer will be very welcomed!   

 

2 comments:

  1. What about something monogramed? I purchased something like the link below, but mine also said "welcome" on it.
    Just wanted to also say that I love your blog!
    Mandy


    http://www.etsy.com/listing/127725865/personalized-burlap-monogram-family-name?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=signs&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_page=6&ga_search_type=handmade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! I love the idea of something pertaining to our family, that way it will mean something to us. I like the link you sent. Did you see the one they offer that says "Queen Bee" on it with a picture of a bee?!? Maybe I can get one to say our last name. Thanks for the idea and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete