Monday, July 15, 2013

Tomato and Cucumber Salad

I love this time of year when I can buy my vegetables and fruit at local roadside farm stands and not at the grocery store.  The taste is so much better than what the grocery stores have to offer.  I went on Saturday and stocked up for the week.  The first recipe I made was Tomato and Cucumber Salad.   This recipe is so much more flavorful using fresh produce right from the garden.
 
First you will need about three medium tomatoes, diced. 
 
 
Then two medium cucumbers, peeled and one onion, sliced.

 
Then mix them all together in a large bowl.

 
Now for the wonderful dressing.  Here are the ingredients...
 
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 Teaspoons Minced Parsley (optional- I used dried parsley because that is what I had on hand)
 
Mix this all together in a bowl...

 
and pour over the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions...

 
Then marinate this in the refrigerator for 2 hours and when it is finished it will be delicious and refreshing.
 
(Just a note on the olive oil I use for this recipe.  I like the extra light tasting oil shown here below.  I used the darker olive oil when making this one time and I did not like it as well.) 

 
Next year Honey and I would like to have a small garden of our own.  I think Bumble especially would have fun helping me with it. Until then I will rely on the local farmer!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment