Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Bees Go To Bible School

Bumble loved every minute of Vacation Bible School this week at our church.  It made her a little tired though...


It was from 7-9pm and some nights she didn't get to bed until 10:00pm.  Bumble NEVER naps but this week I found her napping several times in the middle of the day!

     Bumble was part of the 4 and 5 year old class and they sat in the very front of the church.  She told me on the car ride home one evening that sitting on the front bench was fun and that we should all sit there on Sunday!  Wow!  I will have to think about that one, Bumble!

 
     But my favorite memory of this week was what Bumble did for her little brother.  Bumble was picked for the "quiet seat" on Monday night and because of that she could choose a prize.  She picked out a ball from a large treasure chest filled with all sorts of prizes.  The next evening while we were driving home Bumble was upset that they didn't call her name again for the quiet seat.  She said she was quiet the entire time and she wanted to pick another prize.  She told me she really wanted a notebook she saw in the treasure chest that had a smiley face on it.  I explained to her that she would probably not get picked to get anymore prizes because she already received one.  She seemed disappointed and said, "But mommy, I didn't really want the ball."   I asked her why she picked the ball if she really didn't want it.  Her reply was that she thought Stinger would like it!  How sweet is that!?!? I think I will take her to the store the next time we get out of the house and let her pick out a notebook with a smiley face on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment