Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Bee's Go To A Football Game

Football season is upon us!  Honey is helping to coach the middle school football team this year.  Last Friday the high school team needed someone to go spy on... uhhhh... I mean scout the team that they play against this Friday.   They left it up to a family of Bees! 
 
Our 1 1/2 hour drive turned into 2 hours because of traffic issues on the local interstate. It also may have took longer because us Bees were starving and had to stop and get some food on the way.  Honey ordered two chicken sandwiches for me off of the dollar menu at McDonalds.  When I opened the bag of food I only saw one sandwhich.   Luckily, Honey told the employee at the window and he "intercepted" another McChicken for us.  If he didn't give me another one I was definitely going to ask for my four "quarter's back!" 
 
We did eventually "touch down" at our destination in a town called Schuylkill Haven. 
 

Honey was responsible for videoing the plays, so we sat up as high as we could go.  Here Honey is taking a little break with Bumble...

 
Stinger was embarrassed and did not want to be seen sitting with his parents so he sat by himself!...
 
 
But don't worry...I only had two seconds to capture this shot because he then ran down behind the bleachers.  I tried to "tackle" him but I really needed "double coverage".  Once I "caught" him I gave him a "two minute warning" which consisted of the statement that if he does it again he was going to get a "timeout!"   This is the reason I will have to "pass" on attending many games this year.  Stinger and sitting are two words that do not go together!
 
He did sit nicely though to pose with Bumble...
 

After Honey videoed what he needed for his team we "return"ed to our hive.  Our "safety" was Honey's utmost concern since it was a "long drive".  When our hometown team wins this Friday,  just remember that it is all because of some spying.... uhhhh...I mean scouting Bees!




No comments:

Post a Comment