Saturday, February 9, 2013

Queen Bee Makes Baked Spaghetti

Spaghetti is a popular dinner choice in our hive. This is the way I like to make it.  Here are the ingredients for Baked Spaghetti.
 
 
1 cup onion
1 pound hamburger
12 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked
28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
 
Let's start by cutting the onion...

 
If you are like me you may need some of these.
 
 
   Who knew cooking could be so sad?!  Bumble knows that I cry when I cut onions.  Sometimes I "act" like I am really sad just to make her laugh! Then she will gives me hugs and tell me it will be ok!  I know some of you do not like onion.  This is not a problem so please do not cry about it!  Just omit it from this recipe!
 
Now that the onion is chopped, put it in a frying pan with the ground beef and start cooking it. 

 
While that is cooking shred the cheddar cheese.  Somehow I never have the entire 2 cups of cheese when it is time to put this casserole together.  I wonder why?
 
 
Also while the beef and onion are getting nice and brown, cook the spaghetti noodles.  Just follow the instructions on the box!
 
 
By now, the beef and onions should be finished cooking.  

 
Now add the spaghetti sauce to the pan.


Bumble, I said stay away from that cheese!!!!

 
Now mix the cream of chicken soup and the water together.

 
Drain the water from the noodles and we are ready to assemble this casserole.  First, layer half the spaghetti noodles in a 9x13 dish.

 
Then put half the meat and sauce mixture on top of them.  Then layer half the cheese.  Bumble likes to do this!

 
Then repeat the steps you just did one more time.  Then spread the cream of chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bumble also likes to do this part.  She is always there when there is cheese involved!  All the layers have been assembled now.

 
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Then taste!

 
Looks like Stinger can't get enough of it...and Bumble loves it too!
 
 
Stinger even has a spaghetti sauce beard!

 
Good thing bath time was right around the corner!! 
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment