Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Bees Get The Blues

I used to think that I would be a good interior designer. However, after the recent experience of picking colors for our new hive, I do not think interior design is going to be in my future!  I am not good at making decisions.  I constantly go back and forth.  I over think things too much and drive myself crazy!
 

I will start with the colors we picked for the outside of our house.  When we first saw what was available to pick from we picked all neutral colors that consisted of a lot of clay/taupe/browns.  Then Honey said on the way to church last Sunday, "Do you think that will look boring and be too brown?"  Honey suggested that we make it more colorful.  You might understand the differences in Honey and I better if you were to look in our closets.   I have mostly brown and black clothing.  Nothing real daring.  When you look in Honeys closet you will see red, yellow, and all the colors of the rainbow!  One of the colors on the outside of the model home we were able to view was blue.  Blue shutters, blue tinted shingles, and country beige siding to be exact.  It's a risk. I usually do not like risks or take risks.  But guess what?  We are going to do it anyway.  Honey has a weird way of making me take risks which I love.  I always joke how if I would have married someone like me how boring my life would be! I need someone like Honey to move me out of my comfort zone!  


Here are the Harbor Blue Shingles:

TruDefinition® Duration® Shingles - Harbor Blue

and the Country Beige Siding:


Unfortunately I could not find a picture of the blue shutters but they are a dark blue like the roof. I hope we like it because we had to sign off on our colors last night and the Bees got the blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment