Friday, February 15, 2013

Three Deers

     Every now and then when I start to doubt how I am doing as a mom, Bumble will say statements that make me feel like maybe I am a good mother after all!  Things like, "Mommy, can you please make spinach tonight for supper." I mean, what other 4 year old in America says that!  Also, she was viewing wedding photos of Honey and I the other day and I asked her if she would like to get married someday.  She replied, "Yes, I think I will marry my brother when he gets a little older."  Ok, so I may have to explain to her why she can't do that, but it's so nice that she loves her little brother.  I try to promote getting along as much as possible! But this one is my favorite...

     A couple of Sundays ago, just Bumble and Honey went to church.  I stayed home with Stinger because, well... let's just say we had a rough night.  He decided 3:00AM was the perfect time of day to wake up and take on the day.  I could not convince him it was not morning!  When Bumble came home from church with Daddy she said, "Mommy, guess what I saw today? I saw deers on the way to church today!" She was so excited.  And yes she thinks the plural of deer is deers.  Later that afternoon after Stinger and I both had much needed naps, we all headed to Honey's parents house for supper.  Guess what was standing in a field alongside Honey's parents driveway?  More deer! Or as Bumble put it, "Mommy look at those three deers!" Then she said,  "I have to tell God that I saw deers today. I'm gonna have to talk really loud so He will hear me!"  It made me smile that of all the people she knows she wanted God to be the first to know what she saw! Then Honey explained that she didn't have to scream in order for God to hear her, and that God hears us even when we pray quietly.  After about 30 seconds of silence Honey and I heard a low quiet whisper from the back seat say,  "Dear God, I just saw three deers! Amen." In that moment Honey and I looked at each other and smiled.   Maybe we are doing something right! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment