Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Cupcakes For Honey

I thought Bumble would enjoy helping me make cupcakes for Honey for Valentine's Day.  Here she is explaining that she would like to help me, but she didn't want to get her princess pajamas dirty! 
 
 
She received these princess pajamas from a girl at church that outgrew them. Bumble has yet to take them off even though they are a little too big for her.  I reassured her that her pajamas would not get dirty, and if they did we owned a washing machine!
 
So what cupcake recipe did I choose to make for Honey? I decided to be brave and try a recipe I never made before.  The reason I chose this recipe is because it had a lot of steps that Bumble could do by herself.  I wanted Bumble to be able to help as much as possible.  Here is the recipe for Mini Oreo Surprise Cupcakes...
 
First you will need a chocolate cake mix.  Any brand will do. 
 

Most chocolate cake mixes call for water, oil, and eggs in order to make them, so please make sure to have whatever your cake mix calls for on hand.

Here are the additional ingredients you will need for this recipe...
 
 
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
48 mini oreo cookies
1 1/2 cups whipped topping
 
First I had Bumble count out the 48 mini oreo cookies.  This was a long process.  She would forget what number she was at and have to start all over! 

 
But she finally arrived at the correct number.
 
 
Then I had her put the cupcake liners in the cupcake pans.  This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.

 
This was also a long process also as she wanted to use all the pink ones!
Here she is trying to sort them.
 

While she was counting and sorting, I mixed the cake mix according to the directions on the box. 

 
Then I filled each cupcake liner with about 1/4 cup of the chocolate cake mixture.

 
Now it is time to make the cream cheese filling. In a bowl whisk together the cream cheese, egg, and sugar until well blended.
 
 
Bumble did this until her arm was too tired!

 Then I put about 1/2 Tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in each cupcake liner.

 
Then Bumble put a mini oreo cookie on top of the cream cheese mixture. This was her favorite part. She was quite sad when she was finished.

 
Then I covered each cupcake with the rest of the chocolate cake batter.
 
 
Now comes the baking! Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for a 19 to 22 minutes. Please check these because the time will depend on what type of pan you are using.  Here the cupcakes are cooling.
 

When the cupcakes are totally cool spread a little of the whipped cream on top and decorate it with a mini oreo cookie!



Will Honey like his Valentine cupcakes from Bumble and I?  More importantly, did Bumble get her pajamas dirty? We will have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment