Friday, October 19, 2012

Queen Bee Buys Dish Soap

Some of you may not know this about me, but I have to buy special scent free and dye free products so I don't break out in an itchy rash. This includes lotion, laundry detergent, and dish soap. The doctor says this skin condition is hereditary so thank you grandpa, grandma, dad, mom or whoever is responsible for passing on this gene. Since I am limited to what products I can buy, I saw a sale this week at Weis on dish soap and couldn't pass it up.

                        

Seventh Generation Free and Clear dish soap was not only on sale, but if you bought $20.00 worth you got a $5.00 coupon at the register. Remember this is off of shelf price, not sale price. The shelf price at my store is $3.49 so I had to buy 6 bottles to get the coupon. They were on sale for $2.97. My total bill was $17.80 and if you apply the $5.00 coupon the total comes to $12.80 for 6. Again this is probably not the cheapest price ever for dish soap but I don't have many choices in what I can buy. This sale saved me a total of $8.14. I am happy with that.
I hope you are beginning to see how coupons and stocking up when a product is at its cheapest price can save you lots of money! Over the long run it will reduce your grocery bill. You will end up just having to buy your fresh fruit, vegetables, and dairy products for the week. The rest of your bill will be sale items that you stock up on.  It is also fun seeing how low your bill can go!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment