Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Queen Bee Makes Apple Pie

In an earlier post I had said that the Bee family was blessed with apples.  Also in an earlier post I made pie crust. It wasn't hard at all to decide what kind of pie to attempt to make first.  Here is the recipe for the apple pie I made the other day. Let's start with the filling ingredients.



Ingredients:
8 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup Sugar
3 cups Water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
 
First peel, core, and slice the apples.
 

Then mix all the above ingredients in a large saucepan on medium high heat until thickened and apples are soft. It will look like this..

 
While this is cooking, make the crumb topping for the pie. Here are the ingredients...
 
 
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 stick of butter
 
Mix the brown sugar together with flour. Cut in the butter until crumbs form.
Stinger got a hold of the butter before I could. He thought it looked yummy...
 
 
Can you see the teeth marks? Anyway, this is what the "crumbs" will look like when finished.


Also while the apple filling is cooking roll out your pie crust and fit it to your pie pan.  Do you like my sad attempt at trying to make it look pretty?



When the filling is done cooking, pour it in the pie crust. I had some left over.   Here is what fit in the crust.



Put the Stinger germ infested crumb topping on top.



Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.  So how did it turn out?  Did the crust have taste? Well, I think the answer to how good a recipe is lies in the amount of time one consumes it.  This apple pie was gone in 24 hours!   The pie crust had taste. Honey was happy. I pronounce this a success- germs and all!   Now it looks like I need to make another one of my heathly salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment