Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bees Like Sweet Potato Fries

I have decided to try to cook a little healthier.  Yes that was a serious statement. On a recent visit to our local library I checked out a cookbook published by the television show The Biggest Loser.  This was one of the recipes that I decided to try.  It was a winner.  Here is the recipe for Parmesan-Pepper Sweet Potato Fries. 
 
First you will need to buy some of these.  Don't these potatoes look sweet! This recipe calls for 1/2 pound of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips.  This is what 2 lbs of sweet potatoes look like.
 
 
Now for the rest of the ingredients...
 
 
 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
salt to taste
pinch of pepper
 
This recipe serves 2 so if you are cooking for more please double recipe. 
 
First peel the sweet potato.
 

Then cut the potato into strips. 
 

Then drizzle the olive oil over the strips.  If you are not on a diet drizzle a little more than the recipe says. They will get crispier that way. If you are on a diet forget that I ever told you that!



 
Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.  Again if you are not on a diet add a little more Parmesan cheese than the recipe states. Also if you are sure your Honey loves you unconditionally you may want to entertain the idea of adding more garlic.  Again, if you are not sure please forget I ever told you that!
 
 
Now coat the fries with the mixture.
 

Put the fries on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  If you like them crispier bake a little longer.  Here are the finished fries.


These are quite tasty.  Bumble and Stinger love these.  I think Honey loves them as well but he drenches them in ketchup so I don't know if he really tasted them.  And yes, I add more garlic to these! My Honey loves me!




2 comments: