Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Queen Bee's Birthday

Today is my birthday.  I have been in constant celebration since this past Saturday thanks to Bumble and Honey.  On Saturday, Honey took me out to eat at Olive Garden while my mom watched the kids.  Thanks Mom!  We had two gift cards to use so Honey splurged a little bit and got dessert to go.  It was chocolate cake.  That night we waited until Bumble and Stinger were in dreamland, and then finally opened the box that was calling out our names all day!
 
 
We sat on our comfy sofa and devoured every last bite! And no, we did not feel guilty!
 
On Sunday after we got home from church Bumble said, "Mommy, I think you need a nap!" Bumble never says this.  If I even lay down during the day she asks me to get up because she wants to play!   I knew something was up!  While I tried to enjoy this new idea called napping, I heard noises in the kitchen.  As it turns out Honey was helping Bumble put up decorations... 
 
 
Then Honey came back to our bedroom and asked me where the cake pan was.  Oh dear! This could be a disaster! How was I to nap when Honey and Bumble were going to bake a cake?  I could hear cupboard doors opening and closing.  The funny thing was I could tell exactly what drawer or cupboard they were in just by the sound! Apparently Honey couldn't find the cake pan, so he used my glass casserole dish!  Then my nonexistent sleep was interrupted again by Honey asking me where I kept the vegetable oil.  The funny thing was I never heard the mixer run.  I did eventually doze off and woke up to this... 

 
I love the fact that I am only going to be three this year! I also love the icing going up the sides of this dish.  I'm not sure if this was Honey or Bumble that did this icing job.  I think it was a little of both!  I was not sure what this was going to taste like but let me tell you,  Honey and Bumble made a very good cake!  Thanks Honey and Bumble for my nap and my cake! 
 
Yesterday, Bumble added to the decorations by making her own.  Don't you love her paper and chain streamers ...
 
and then last night this was on the table.  I have been given instructions not to open it until Bumble tells me I can!

 
Hmmm. I think I will bug her all day long to open it!  Thanks Bumble and Honey for making my birthday extra special!



1 comment: