Friday, April 12, 2013

Stinger's Therapy

     It has been awhile since I posted about the concerns I have had for Stinger, so I thought I would give you an update.  He was evaluated by a therapist at the beginning of April and through her evaluation found that he does indeed qualify for Early Intervention Services.  His speech was on the level of a 7 month old and his social skills scored at the level of a 12 month old. He scored fine in all other areas of development.  He actually scored above his level when it came to cognitive activities as he could do puzzles and sort shapes like a 2 year old.   The therapist's findings did not surprise me as I have known all along that there was something going on with Stinger.
     Because of their findings, Stinger now has a speech therapist and a developmental therapist.  Both of these therapists came this week to work with Stinger.  Although they came at separate times they both came to the same conclusion that Stinger has some kind of sensory issue going on.  I received a call later that day asking if I would like to add an occupational therapist to help with the sensory issues he has.  I said yes. 
    After all this therapy for Stinger I find myself asking where is the therapist for the mother that has to deal with all this?!?   I have come to the conclusion that this blog is my therapy session.  So thanks all you readers out there.  I am ready for my diagnosis now!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment