Monday, April 22, 2013

The Bees Get All Decked Out

 Here is the back of our new hive.  



     Before the Bees can move in we need to build a deck or one of our little bees could fall out of the dining room doors...


Building a deck should be a pain free process.  How many decking options can there be?  Turns out, quite a few!!  All you have to do is take a trip to Lowe's.  One could get lost in the decking aisle.  Thankfully, I had Honey there to guide me.   There is so much to choose from.  Regular wood boards, composite deck boards, railings, post covers, balusters, and post caps just to name a few.  I am learning so much I could be a deck saleswoman! 
    One thing we know for sure is that we are going to go with composite boards just for maintenance reasons.  I do not care for the price but I know in the future going with composite will save us Bees a lot of splinters and headaches.  We are thinking about going with a brown color for the boards.  Maybe something like this color...

 
 
We will probably choose the same color for the railing but may mix things up a bit with the balusters.  Honey and I both like black.  This photo I found while browsing the Internet really caught my eye. 
 

I am not sure if it would look right on our house though.  We need to choose all these items soon, but I will have to admit both Honey and I are a little overwhelmed with all the choices.  I will be sure to "cover" what we chose in a later "post"!

No comments:

Post a Comment