Friday, April 5, 2013

The Bee's Moving Boxes

Before being a stay-at-home mommy I worked outside the hive as a secretary.  I spent 10 years working for companies involved in the garage doors and operator business.  I bring this up because the moving boxes Honey and I are using are garage door operator boxes.  As I was reading the labels on the boxes and explaining to Honey what all the numbers meant it brought back a lot of memories.
 
 
I had a lot of coworkers over the years. I think I counted 11 different ladies that I worked with.  That's a lot of memories.  Like the time one lady walked in on the delivery man while he was using the little unisex bathroom in our office. The first words out of his mouth were, "That's ok. I am almost finished."  Ummm...no it is not ok!  Didn't they teach you at delivery training school to always lock the bathroom door!  Then there was the time a co-worker was talking about the UPS man and didn't know that he was using the bathroom and could hear everything she said!  And how about the time one of the ladies answered the phone with a bright and cheerful "$63.60" instead of the name of the business!  ($63.60 was the number she was in the process of writing upon answering the phone!) Oh what fun!  
     At both companies I worked for I was in charge of ordering garage doors, parts, and operators and yes I still remember everything!  I am still trying to figure out if I should delete all this info from my brain or not.  I mean, it may be useful in the future to know that this model number.... 
 
 
 
 means that it is a trolley operator, 1/2 horsepower, 115 volt, and it contains a Logic 4 circuit board as opposed to a Logic 3.  I can easily see how I am going to need that information in the future so I better not forget it.  It is funny how I can still remember part numbers and even phone numbers from my working days but just yesterday forgot where I put my car keys! 

Bumble could care less about the labels on the boxes or the memories they hold for me.  She just likes to draw on them...

 
I let her because I don't think she is hurting anything. As long as she is drawing and thinking outside the box it is fine!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment