Monday, April 29, 2013

The Bees Make Broccoli Salad

     We had a fellowship meal after church yesterday.  I took broccoli salad.  I thought I would share the recipe in case you are like me and never can decide what to make!

Here are the ingredients:

 
8-9 cups broccoli
6 slices of bacon (this is an estimate- put in as much as you like!)
 1 1/2 cups cheese (this is an estimate- add until you think it is enough!)
2 cups mayo
6 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons vinegar
 
 
I doubled this recipe due to serving a large "church is just over and I am starving"crowd.  Feel free to half the recipe if you are just making it for yourself! 
 
 
First wash and cut up the broccoli...


Then fry the bacon.  While the bacon is frying make the dressing.  Mix together the mayo, vinegar, and sugar.

 
When the bacon is done, crumble it and add it to the broccoli along with the cheese.  Then pour on the dressing!  Refrigerate for at least and hour before serving.

 
Take it to church to serve all the "church is just over and I am starving" people and this is what you will bring home!

 
(I am glad I added all the fattening, unhealthy, artery clogging ingredients to the broccoli.  I have a feeling if I would have just taken the plain, boring, vitamin rich broccoli I would have brought it all home!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment