Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Bees Say "Ta-da!"

     This past week Stinger's speech therapist suggested that the Bees do a lot of "Ta-da!"ing.  Anything to help Stinger learn to talk right?!?  When Stinger would make a basket I would throw my arms up in the air and say "Ta-da!"

 
When he would put a letter in his puzzle I would throw my arms up in the air and say "Ta-da!"
 
 
 When he would find the letter I hid in his shorts I would throw my arms up in the air and say "Ta-da!"

 
When he would put the letters in between his toes I would throw my arms up in the air and say "Ta-Da!" (He learned this from Grandpa!")

 
When he would put his letters on his train I would throw my arms up and say "Ta-da!"

 
Well I wish I could say that Stinger eventually said "Ta-da!" but he did not.  The good news is that my arms got a great workout!  Stinger also thinks he has one funny mom as he would laugh and smile everytime I said "Ta-da!." Maybe that is why the word "mom" come out of his mouth this week!!!!! It was like he was giving me something else to "Ta-da!" He said it one time as clear as can be.  If I wouldn't have seen his mouth move I wouldn't have believed it!!  The last time I heard any sound come out of his mouth relating to mama or mom was when he was 10 months old.  Then all language left him.  I am waiting to see if "mom" was a one time thing or if he will keep saying it.  It seems like once he learns a word or sound he only says it once and does not retain it.  In the meantime we will keep "Ta-da"ing until we get our next assignment!

1 comment:

  1. wade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

    TA-DA! Now you got me saying it!

    ReplyDelete